Friday, July 22, 2011

Cass vs. Buddy Holly

So, Washington DC, you really have a lot going for you. I mean it! There's that nation's capital thing, and the not 120 degrees (usually) and the pretty green, and A+ on all those monuments. I've really loved spending my summer with you!

But listen, DC. Where I'm from we have cacti and In-N-Out, and you know what else we have?

HIPSTERS.

I hail from a nice little place called Tempe, Arizona. Some know it as the valley of the sundress and the low rise jean, but not me. To me, Tempe is a magical land where everywhere you look, it's skinny jeans and rompers. You can't throw a stick without hitting an English or Political Science major. And you know what else is great about Tempe, Arizona?

These bad boys.


That's right. In our valley, we understand that you are only as good as your best pair of fake glasses. It's a trend that I'm convinced was started by my girl Jess way back our sophomore year of high school, but it's not just us anymore.





See? Even Jennifer Aniston is on board. And when I can find a picture of Rachel Bilson rocking the fake nerd glasses, you'd best believe I'll be posting it.

So here's the deal, Mr. Washington if that is your real name. I won't hold it against you that you're a bit behind the times. I like you anyway!

But if I keep getting these sideways glances at Target while I'm picking up more Covergirl Lip Sensation, we're gonna have words.

No comments:

Post a Comment