Wednesday, August 31, 2011

mixtape: the roads are wrapped around your waist

I discovered a song a couple of days ago that put me in one of those moods. You know, the ones where you just want to go on a drive for no reason other than to look at the world and fall in love with the world all over again. This is a mix chock full of those songs! They're especially nice if you have someone in the passenger seat, if ya know what I mean.


I'll try to upload the zip in a bit, bu here's the tracklisting for now. :)








End of The Road, Tyler Burkum. Roll all the windows down. Let the hair fly in the wind. Close your eyes, feel the moonlight kiss your skin. I love you now, and i'll always love you so. Walk with me, til the end of the road.


Be Gentle With Me, The Boy Least Likely To. Staring up into the solar system, all the stars are fixed up in the sky. I just want to sparkle for a moment before I just fizzle out and die. I'm happy because I'm stupid. Scared of spiders, scared of flying. If I wasn't so happy, I wouldn't be so scared of dying.


Two of Us, The Beatles. Two of us riding nowhere, spending someone's hard earned pay. You and me Sunday driving, not arriving, on our way back home. 


I'm Glad I Hitched My Apple Wagon To Your Star, The Boy Least Likely To. We quietly slipped across the border into Arkansas, but still we couldn't find what it was we were looking for. So we trucked on down to try our luck along the rio grande, but I couldnt help but notice how the little things that used to make us happy made us sad.

32 Ways to Make You Smile, Backseat Goodbye. You told me 32 ways to make you smile. I did 31 within the first hour. You stood amazed in your delighted shoes, bewildered but willing, didn't know what to do. So i grabbed your cold hand, pressed it to my beating heart and said, "Isn't it neat? How our bodies tick and we can move our feet, whenever and however we please."


Young Folks, The Kooks. Usually when things has gone this far, people tend to disappear. No one will surprise me unless you do. I can tell there's something goin' on, hours seems to disappear. Everyone is leaving, I'm still with you. It doesn't matter what we do, where we are going to, we can stick around and see this night through.


5 Years Time, Noah & The Whale. Oh well I look at you and say, "It's the happiest that I've ever been. And I'll say, I no longer feel I have to be James Dean." And she'll say, "Yeah, well I feel all pretty happy too, and I'm always pretty happy when I'm just kicking back with you."


Eleventeen, Kimya Dawson. You are my pantomime, and you are my moonshine. You are my sunshine you are my shooting star. You are my elbow, you are my buttercup, spoonful of puppycat bellyful of kittypup. 


Heaven, Brandi Carlile. Once in your life, you find someone who will turn your world around. Bring you up when you're feelin' down. Nothing could change what you mean to me. Oh there's lots that I could say, but just hold me now, cause our love will light the way.


Would You Go With Me, Josh Turner. Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea? Let me know if you're really a dream. I love you so, so would you go with me?


Home, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes. Home. Let me come home. Home is wherever I'm with you.


Worlds Apart, The Mostar Diving Club. There's a world in your eyes, I can see it getting brighter. All the hours that we turned into days. We were young, seemed like life would go on, last forever. All I had was you by my side.


Draw Me A Map, Dierks Bentley. You're my destiny and destination. Understand my desperation. The only place I wanna be,  so get us back to you and me. Draw me a map that leads me back to you.


Time, Cute is What We Aim For. The roads are wrapped around your waist. They lead me place to place. I take trips from hip to hip, in fact, I've made a career out of it.  I've always thought the left was your strongest side, but when it comes to you now I can't decide. It's only a matter of time. 


Our Song, Taylor Swift. I was riding shotgun, with my hair undone, in the front seat of his car. I grabbed a pen and an old napkin, and I wrote down our song.


Light A Roman Candle With Me, fun. Just spend an evening with me, just a lazy evening. Then you could be leaving, or we could stay and talk until three. I will think it's magic and I'll hope you'll agree. 


Plastic Stars, Freezepop. Plastic stars, in our private galaxy. Synthpop stars come and play a show for me.


Maps, Rouge Wave. Made off, don't stray. My kind's your kind, I'll stay the same. Wait, they don't love you like I love you. Maps, maps, wait.


Somewhere Only We Know, Keane. Oh simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old and I need something to rely on. So tell me when you're gonna let me in? I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin. And if you have a minute why don't we go talk about it somewhere only we know?


The Edge of Glory, Lady Gaga. I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hanging on a moment with you. I'm on the edge with you.


Hands Down, Dashboard Confessional. Breathe in for luck, breathe in so deep. This air is blessed, you share with me. This night is wild, so calm and dull. These hearts they race, from self control.


Passenger Seat, Stephen Speaks. And I've got all that I need right here in the passenger seat. Oh, and I can't keep my eyes on the road knowing that she's inches from me.

1 comment:

  1. You should try "The Road Home" by Heart. ;)

    "Like so many songs, you and I, on the road home
    Thoughtless in our travelin', lovers in our soul...I'll tell you a story from the heart and from the bone And I will tell you everything on, oh On the road home"

    ReplyDelete